Saturday 7 April 2012

Tell the princess.....

In a moment of despair and hopelessness I wrote this poem. As ridiculous and nonsensical as it may appear, it does have some amount of meaning.












I had, a custard pie.
But it fell out of my eye.
It had split into three halves.
And each half wore three scarves.
And I wondered if there were any marshmallows left

Because the hole that was in my soul
Would have to pay a toll
If the tulip really knew
That it was not in my shoe.
But it could not be filled by a jammie dodger.

I awoke into a place
Where nobody had a face.
And hundreds of tiny birds
Confused me with big words.
And they were all staring at me.

I could not see my hands
But they were bound with rubber bands.
Until a squirrel that was grey
Said I should look the other way.
And then I could take them off.

He was going to cut my hair
Until a bouncing ninja bear
Told me that there was tea
And there was a cup for me.
So I went home.

I was walking on the road
When a truck, driven by a toad
Stopped to inform me
That philosophy was no longer free.
I stepped through the door and I was outside again.

There were shapes in the sky.
They were pleasing to my eye.
They fell upon a petal
Of a daisy that was metal.
So I put them together and made a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment